Your Book in the Spotlight – A New Book Shows How
“Want to see the title of your book
in the media? And want that coverage to help you sell copies?
Read this book. Whether you are an author who is using a publicist
or working directly with the press, you’ll learn how
to pitch the right angle at the right time…and why that’s
essential. The media is hungry, but only for good stories.
PUBLICIZE YOUR BOOK! covers all the publicity essentials.”
– Ellen Levine, editorial director, Hearst Magazines.
Your book is about to be published. Now what?
In PUBLICIZE YOUR BOOK! (Perigee), Jacqueline
Deval, an experienced book publishing professional, explains
how to work with your publisher or on your own to generate
publicity, be an asset to your publicist, and get your book
noticed. This guide covers in practical detail what you need
to know about:
your target readership
- Developing press materials
- Working with your publicist for the best
- Hiring an independent publicist
- Setting a budget
- Networking effectively
- Deciding on the publicity strategies
that are right for your book
- Creating pitches for talk shows
- Getting newspaper and magazine coverage
- Marketing online
- Preparing for interviews and book tours
- Setting up bookstore and library appearances
- And more